Friday 31 December 2021

Day Three Thousand Four Hundred and Forty Six

Tomorrow will be a brand new year. Oh my goodness me.

So we have to get everything ready for this year to go and retire to somewhere nice and quiet. 

Before the brand new year comes to visit us. Oh my goodness me.

So we were very busy this morning.

Zita and I went for a very nice long walk. It was not even so cold today.

And after our breakfast Niamh and Tarryn were all fast awake too.

Miss Tarryn stayed here last night.

Because she did not want to go home to her all empty apartment. 

And then Zita had to go downtown to the old rascal ladies office to get some important pieces of paper. 

But there was no one at all downtown. 

Maybe everyone is putting their old year away too. Ha.

Craig had a sleep in so he could listen to his all about words book. 

And Emmet was downstairs all morning talking to Miss Alice in way far away Ireland. 

She is not working today. She is having a relax with her mother and father. 

Niamh went into Emmet’s room and said hello to Miss Alice. And she said hello right back. Ha.

But Then I was very very busy helping Niamh and Tarryn fix the all broken picture. 



That is a very hard job for me.


Because I have to be very very careful where I put my feet. Oh my goodness me.

I also looked out my watching window too. So I could mind everything. 

Zita talked to auntie Eileen in way far away Celbridge. 

She does not have any snow at all. Too bad for her. 

Zita got some very old from Scotland whiskey from the Mahoneys.  It was a secret present.





That was a good present because tonight the Hogmanay for Scotsmen. Ha. 

But Colonel Dugal and his nephews Mister Furrgus and Mister Festis did not have any whiskey at all.





Because of the do not go out and get sick and die rules. Oh my goodness.

You cannot have a happy Hogmanay if you cannot share your very best whiskey with all your friends. It is the rule. 

But Zita had some extra. 



All hidden away in the scary basement. Ha. 

So now they can have their very own Hogmanay and not be very sad. That is good.

But Zita told them not to have too much. 

Because if they had too much they might start playing their bagpipes. 

And scare everybody. Oh my goodness me. That is a good rule.

Before dinnertime Zita was just laughing all the time with our friend Kathy on her telephone.

And I was her very best minder. 



We had cooked outside hamburgers for our altogether dinner tonight.

Because it is not so cold outside this afternoon. 

After our dinnertime Niamh and Tarryn went to Tarryn’s apartment to watch old movies with Miss Anna.

Craig and Zita and I watched a brand new detective program.

And tomorrow when we wake up everything will be brand new again. Ha.

Except for me. 

Because I am always Miss Poppy the very best dog ever. Zita told me. 

So it is true. 






No comments:

Post a Comment