Friday 12 August 2022

Day Three Thousand Seven Hundred and One

Last night my tummy was so grumbly Zita had to get me a middle of the night dinner. Oh dear me.

But we went back to sleep and I was not hungry anymore.

When we got up we looked out the living room windows until we were all awake enough for our walk. 

It was a very beautiful day so we had a lovely walk. It was not too hot today. 

But it is still too hot in way far away Ireland.

Maybe my Emmet is a puddle. Oh my goodness me. 

Zita said we will talk to Emmet on the computer. That is a good idea. 

Today is the special day for elephants everywhere. 

We do not have any elephants in my neighbourhood.

Because snow is way too slippy for elephants. So they do not come to visit us. 

My best friend Emmet used to know all about those famous Punic elephants. 

Those elephants did not mind the snow because they knew how to climb mountains. Ha.

But now Emmet just knows all the stories of very very long time ago Irish people. 

Like Mister CĂș Chulainn. 

Or the dangerous lady who flys on the wind to tell people that they are dead. Oh my goodness me. 

And she does not even need an aeroplane. I do think that is all right. 

And he knows lots and lots and lots about those giant bulls. 



The one everybody always wants to steal. Oh dear me.

But Emmet does not write wonderful stories about fierce elephants anymore. 

So I cannot listen to Emmet read those stories to me now. Too bad for us. 

When we got home from our lovely walk Craig was all dressed. 

And he found me my breakfast and there was tasty chicken all over the top. Ha.

The the bandage nurse came with different bandages. Oh well.

Bandages are not so very interesting so I had a quiet as could be nap.

Then Craig and Zita went up to the busy street and got some coffee and tasty treats just for them. 



But before they left I had my own lunch. 

Then I was all ready to mind the house all by myself. 

When Craig and Zita are out I have my relax right at the back door.

So nobody can sneak in without me knowing. Even if I was having a nice nap. Ha.

Then Zita talked to Miss Pam for a long time. 

All about the right paint. And painting the house. 

But only the inside. 

Then the go fast car and Zita went to get all the paint.

And when she got home Craig and Zita took everything right off the walls. Oh my goodness me.

Because you cannot put brand new paint on wall if they are all covered in beautiful pictures. Oh my goodness no. 

And we even took all beautiful wooden boxes away too. 

We took everything away until there was nothing there. Except me.

But then Zita had to use the noisy clean the floor machine. 

Because we had to even move all the comfy rugs. 

Even all our fierce Badgers had to hide in the den.

So they would not get all painted by mistake. Goodness gracious me. 

But then my friend Niamh came home before dinnertime. 

And she told me that there were bears right there in the forest with her. 

Even baby bears. Oh dear me.



But they did not eat anybody. That was good. 

But those lots of mosquitoes ate my friend Niamh all over. 

And when she got home she was so smelly she had to have a squeaky clean shower right away. Ha. 

I had my first dinnertime when she got home. There was even some chicken for me.

I had had not eaten it all yet. Ha. 

When Niamh smelled just like a rose she helped Zita move everything to somewhere else.

Even Craig’s music machines. Oh goodness gracious. 

We had a very long dinnertime because Niamh told us lots of very funny stories about sleeping in the forest. 

Then Niamh went downstairs to go fast asleep.

Because she did not sleep so much in the forest.

Then we watched some lady detectives. 

I fell fast asleep. Oh well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment