Sunday 29 May 2022

Day Three Thousand Five Hundred and Ninety Six

It was sleep in Sunday today.

But only Craig had a very long sleep in.

Because the rest of us were very busy.

Emmet was washing all his clothes to take back to way far away Cork. 

Because tomorrow is the day the do not get lost aeroplane goes there. 

And nobody wants to go back with smelly clothes. It is known.

And Niamh had to go and watch Miss Lindsey run a long way. 

But there were lots of other people running too.



Because it was a race. Oh goodness me.

Zita talked to her parents in way far away Dublin this morning. I was a bit fast asleep outside.

Because it was a very beautiful sunny day today. 

But Zita’s mother told her that now Uncle Ciaran had a very nice dog. 

And it is Miss Luna. 



And it lives with him in way far away Spain. That is a good idea.

At lunchtime Zita used the dangerous make the grass beautiful machine.

I was not her helper today.

Because it was a bit too hot outside.



So I had my lunchtime nap in the kitchen. Where it is nice and comfy cool. 

The go fast car took Zita downtown to get some special cream for Miss Alice.

Because hers was in her as lost as can be suitcase. Oh dear me.

So Emmet will bring some back with him. Just for her. That is a good idea. 

Now we have two rascal signs on my corner. 

Because some silly person stole our old sign. So now we have two.

When Zita was away I minded Craig and Emmet all by myself. That is not such a very hard job. 

They just stay here and read interesting books. 

Sometimes I do not even remember that they are here. Oh well. 

We had an especially delicious altogether dinner tonight.

It was Emmet’s favourite tasty dinner. 

Because tonight was Emmet’s last dinnertime with me.

Because tomorrow he has to have his dinner on an aeroplane. And those are not tasty dinners at all.

And they do not even have real knives or forks. They only have pretend ones. Oh my goodness me. 

So Zita made him his very best tasty dinner for tonight. And we had real knives and forks too. Ha. 

Lots of little birds came and had their nice cool bath in our outside bathtub today. That is a good bathtub. 

I went outside to watch them. And to mind Zita and Niamh when they were on our swing. 


That is an important job for me too. 

But I had to come back in.



Because I got too hot. So I kept Craig company.

Craig’s friends Miss Deidre and Mister Gene called him on the telephone.

 So they could sing him the happy birthday song.

And Mister Gene played the song on his own piano. 

Sometimes we play his very lovely music on our music machines. 

Because he is a famous piano player. 

And he goes all over everywhere so lots of people can hear him play his piano. That is good. 



And sometimes he has his dinnertime with us. That is nice. 

Craig and Zita went for a before dinner walk.

And they saw a man rowing his boat. Right on the other pond.

And he had his dog with him. Right in the boat. 



That was a nice relax for them. 

It took a very long time for everybody to finish their dinner.

So I had a very nice nap right under the dining room table.

Until dinner was all finished. 

Zita had to go to the drugstore. To get medicine for Niamh.

Because the nasty buzzy mosquitoes bit her all over. Oh my goodness me. 

Then it was time for us to go to bed. That is my favourite time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment