Monday 4 April 2022

Day Three Thousand Five Hundred and Thirty Nine

Everybody got up early today.

Because Mister Mat called Zita and said his friend was going to be at our house nearly right away.

To get everything all ready for the water in our new very small bathroom. 

Oh my goodness.

So everybody had to be all fast awake right away. 

When I went into get my friend Craig all awake he was already dressed. My goodness me.

And Niamh came upstairs and got all cosy warm on the sofa in the living room. 

Underneath the Scotsman’s blanket. Ha. 

But I could not mind her because it was our go to work Monday. 

So I went into our office right away.

When the nice man came Niamh told him all about the bathroom. Ha.

Because Zita and I were way too busy. 

I did not even have time to help Craig with his breakfast. Oh my goodness me.

And this morning Emmet’s own university sent us a letter. 

Right on our computer. I saw it too. 

It told us the university asked my friend Emmet to tell lots and lots of people one of his best stories.

And some of the letter was in Irish too. But I cannot understand Irish. Oh well. 

“Dear Colleagues and Friends,

The third talk in the School of Irish Learning, UCC, will take place on Thursday, 7th April at 5.00pm in West Wing 5.

Emmet Taylor, a Ph.D. student of the Department of Early and Medieval Irish, will deliver a paper entitled 'Products of their Times: the Historic Context of the Medieval Irish Heroic Bands'.

Tabharfaidh Emmet Taylor, mac léinn dochtúireachta Roinn na Sean-agus na Meán-Ghaeilge, páipéar dar teideal 'Products of their Times: the Historic Context of the Medieval Irish Heroic Bands'.


Fáilte roimh chách.
Le gach dea-ghuí,
School Seminar Committee

Dr Emma Nic Cárthaigh, Dr Tomás L. Ó Murchú, Dr Ciarán Ó Gealbháin”

And Emmet sent this to us too. 



Maybe it is his very interesting story about Mister Conchobar who stole everybody’s cows. Oh dear me. 

Maybe he will tell it to me when he comes home for his visit. Maybe. 

Zita said that the beautiful little bathroom will be all ready when Emmet comes home in the summer. That is good. 

Niamh is still very busy writing another interesting story for her university too. 

You have to write lots and lots and lots of stories when you go to university. Oh my goodness me. 

At lunchtime I went to the bathroom to get a nice drink of cold water from the bathtub but there was no water.

Because you cannot have all your water on when Mister Mat’s friend is working. I did not know that. Oh dear.

And then the go fast car took Zita and Niamh had to go to a special hardware store.

So they could find something for the brand new sink. Goodness me.

But I stayed in the living room so I could mind everything while they were away.

It was a very nice day outside today.



So I just stayed in the living room and looked out the window.

After a little while the nice man was all finished in the new bathroom. 

And now everything works. 

And is very beautiful too.

Niamh had a very late lunchtime. So she made noodles from way far away China. 

I had some. So did Craig.

But they were very slippery noodles. Slippy noodles are hard to eat. It is known. 

So then I stayed in the living room.

So I could mind Niamh while she was busy writing. Right on the comfy sofa. That is a good job for me. 

Because when she went to fast asleep so I did too. Ha. Good for us. 

I minded my friend Niamh for the whole day. Ha. 

And when I was all awake it was my own dinnertime. 

And I got some tasty chicken too. 

But Zita did not finish her rascal ladies work until after my first dinnertime. Oh dear. 

I could not help Zita with dinner because I was so busy minding Niamh. 

So for our together dinner we had delicious pastas with lemons. 

But then Zita had more rascal ladies work to do. Even after our dinner. That is not so right.



No comments:

Post a Comment