Thursday 14 January 2021

Day Three Thousand and Ninety Seven 

We did not get up so early today.

Because I could not go to fast asleep so much last night.

Because I was a bit too sore. And I was very hungry.

Because you cannot have lots and lots to eat when you come home from a hospital. 

Or maybe you will just have a too sick tummy. 

But I was very very hungry. And my tummy was very loud too. 

So in the middle of the night Zita got me a late a night dinner and chicken treats too. 

And then she had a nice nap on the living room sofa. And I had a nap right beside her. 

And sometimes we looked out the window. But it was not so interesting.

Because everybody was still fast asleep. Except Zita and me. 

Then we just went fast asleep. Good for us.

When Craig was all awake he made Zita her fluffy coffees and he gave me some of my do not be too sore medicine.

Then Zita went to our own office but I did not help so much today.

Because I was very tired. You are always too tired after an operation. 


So you can have nice long naps and nobody minds. 

We always gave Emmet lots and lots of comfy pillows when he came home from the hospital. And I minded him.

But he cannot mind me when he is in his way far away in Cork university. Oh dear. Too bad for me.

But Zita and Niamh are my very best nurses. And Craig always gets me very tasty treats. 

Sometimes with chicken.

And sometimes with Mister Saint Albert’s delicious very old cheese. Ha. That is a tasty treat.

At lunchtime Zita pushed away some of the snow again. Right in the street. 


And moved it all away so the melting snow would not just make a giant puddle on my corner. 

When Zita was all finished her rascal ladies work she drove Niamh to Miss Anna’s apartment. 

Because Miss Ann broke her own foot. And now she can only just hop all over. 

Like a bunny rabbit. But not so quick. Or dear. Too bad for her.

So Niamh went over to be a big help.

So I only have to mind Craig and Zita for dinner tonight.

Then I think we will watch a new program. But not for so long.

Because Zita and I did not get so much sleep last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment