Wednesday 17 October 2012

Day Ninety-Two

Craig has to eat scones lots of times a year or he can not pretend to be a Scotsman. Porridge or oatmeal cookies count too he says. He took a long time to eat his scones and drink his coffee this morning. He had to put jam on them. He is very slow in the mornings.

I don't know why you have to eat scones to be a Scotsman. Emmet says they are going to get to vote to be Scotsmen in Scotland. It wont be for two years he says. I am glad I am just a Bouvier and did not need to vote to be one.

People like things to be complicated I think.

Niamh and Emmet and Zita are Irish. They did not have to vote to be Irish. Emmet says Zita's family had bombs so they did not need to vote.

Craig says Scotsmen did not need bombs. They had The Haggis. He told me what Haggis was.
I don't think Dr. Smith would like it if I ate Haggis. I think oatmeal cookies would be OK.

Lorraine came today and threw my Red Ball a lot. She is good at Red Ball throwing.

Niamh took her hat to school. It was a Mad Hat. I hope she leaves it there. It is not good to be mad. It is good to fall asleep on Niamh's high bed. Or to chase Emmet before dinner. He hides in the bathroom but I find him. He is not a very good hider. Catching Emmet makes me happy. Then I know where he is. That is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment