Monday 26 September 2022

Day Three Thousand Seven Hundred and Eighty Six - From Miss Poppy



Last night after my family was fast fast asleep Mister Saint Newton came to talk to me.

He said maybe it was just the right time for me to retire.

He was right. 

I knew it was time to retire a little while ago.

But I needed to wait until my family knew too. Oh my goodness gracious me. 

It was a bit of a long wait. Oh well. 

But now  I cannot always walk by all by myself anymore. 

So I cannot take Zita on our lovely good morning walks to my little lake anymore. 

And I cannot go to visit my friends the ducks. 

And I cannot chase the nasty giant racoons all away. 

And I am a bit way too tired all the time.

So now I cannot be my family’s very best minder dog anymore. 

So it is time for me to retire. 

Like my very best friend Craig.

So that is what I am going to do. Today. 

Because after a while dogs get to retire too. 

That is when they get to go to way way far away Heaven.

So they can be there before their families get there. 

Because then their families will have all their own best friends waiting right at the front door.

To show them all the very beautiful places. 

That is an important job for dogs.

We have been doing that job since the very beginning of everything. 

Mister God gave us that job. 

So it is a very important job for dogs. 

But I have another important job too. 

I have to find a wonderful new Bouvier dog to keep my family all safe and happy. 

That will be a good job for me.

Because I know all about my family.

So I will help them find just the right very best new minder dog. 

So they will not be lonely when I am not there to mind them all the time. 

And keep their feet all toasty warm when it is too cold at night. 

Zita said because of me my family will always have a lovey big Bouvier dog to be their fierce minder. Good for me. 

And when I get to way way far away Heaven my old friends Jamie and Zorro will be right there to meet me. Ha. 

Mister Saint Newton told me so. 

And maybe my big cousin Matti too. Maybe. 

And then we can all run all over everywhere forever and not be even a bit sore. 

Or just fall down all the time. Ha. Good for us. 

I know our Uncle Bill and his very noisy police motorcycle will be there too.

And then we will drive fast all over everywhere. And never ever just crash. 

I will find a lovely castle of my very own. 

And I will be a famous hero dog. 

Just like those very very old Irish heroes in Emmet’s important stories. 

Emmet always reads those stories to me when they are not in far away Ireland. 

And Niamh’s long time ago friend Mister Oisín can come by on his beautiful horse for a delicious biscuit treats visit. 

But he will just stay on his nice horse this time. 

But now all my family will be very very sad. Me too. Oh my goodness me.

Because we were the very best friends ever since I was the littlest puppy dog. Oh gracious me. 

But Mister Saint Newton  told me that I will not just leave my family all alone. 

Because I will always be there right inside all their hearts. Forever. 

Just like they will always be in mine. Forever. 

And sometime they will all be here with me and our hearts will be together again.
Forever. Ha. Good for us. 

And then we can all live in my castle altogether. 

But now I have to go. 

Bye bye for now. 

Your friend forever Miss Poppy Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment