Monday 9 March 2020

Day Two Thousand Seven Hundred and Eighty Five 

I had a nice long sleep in today. I did not even get up when Zita got up. Ha. 

I was not all fast awake until Miss Tamina came to make the house squeaky clean.

So I did not have any toasts this morning. Or even my own breakfast.

Because I do not like being too near the noisy machines. 

So I just stayed in the den. 



So I could mind my friend Craig. Good for me. 

It is very slippy outside today. 

Because of all the everywhere melting snow. 

But my side yard is not slippy.

Because Mister Jack moved all the snow out to the corner. Ha. That is good. 

Miss Tamina went out in my side yard. 

Because the front yard is way too slippy. Oh dear. 


It is just all wet slippy ice. Oh dear. 

After Miss Tamina left Craig and I had the special angry buns. Instead of toasts. They were toasty warm.

Because Craig put them in the oven. And we put butter on them.

You cannot have jam on the angry buns. I do not know why it is the rule. Oh well. 

Then we looked out my watching window. 

There were squirrels in my own trees. And birds. 

The birds were drinking the icy water. Oh dear. 

 Niamh had a sleep in too. Just like me. Then she went to her university classes.

But I helped her make her nearly lunchtime snacks. 

With crackers. With lots and lots of cheese on top. Ha. 

Craig and I played catch the ball for a very long time after lunchtime.

Because it is not cold at all today. Ha. 

But we could only have two ball to catch.

Because all the other ball are still stuck right inside the ice. Oh dear. 

Then I had a lovely nap in the living room. 

It is very quiet when Miss Tamina is all gone. Ha. It is best to have nice naps when it is all quiet.

My friend Emmet is still very busy reading lots of books for his giant story. 



The library in his very old university has lots of Emmet’s favourite books.

That is why he goes to far away universities. 

Because they have lots of interesting old books. In their very old libraries.

And they even have some brand new books too. Emmet reads those too. 

There are lots of brand new books made every year. Ha. I did not know that. 

Some of them come right to our house. Ha. Good for us. 

Mister Paul came to my house this afternoon. To have some too much coffee. 

And to bring back a book that Mister Tom read.

Mister Tom sent us a brand new movie too. Ha. That was nice. 

When Craig and Mister Paul were talking I had a very nice nap. 

On my duvet. On the big bed. I did not have to mind because they were just talking about rascals. 

And the people all over everywhere getting caught by a new nasty flu. Oh dear. 

And there are people on boats where everybody is too sick. Oh dear.

My family does not go on boats. Me either. That is good. 

Because boats go right in the dangerous ocean. With the sharks and the giant whales. Oh dear. 

There are no whales in my ponds. They are too small for giant whales. That is good. 

We are having a delicious stew for our dinner tonight. I could smell it all day.

Because it is in the takes a long time cooking machine. Ha.

But it is not an altogether dinner tonight. 

Because Niamh has an until late class today. Oh well.

I took Zita for our little before dinnertime walk. We went right up to our busy street. 

Now it is not all dark when she comes home. 

Because the time is all different again. Ha.

Because of the silly clocks. Oh well. Too bad for everybody. 

We will watch the cowboy detective again tonight. On the television. In the den.

But I think we ate all the chips. Oh well.





No comments:

Post a Comment