Friday 31 May 2013

Day Three Hundred and Eighteen

It was a very hot day. I stayed in my nice cool house a lot.

I got a letter from my friend Zorro who is very sick. He got help writing it. It is known.

" Dear Poppy, Ripping a tendon, no matter how much fun the activity might have been, is something to be avoided at all costs. 

They shave HALF your body - underneath all that nice white (or, in your case, black) fur is a lot of unattractive pink skin, made even more unattractive by some substance they spread all over you in an operation to ward off infection. 

There's an incision with staples in it on my knee that makes me look like Frankenstein's dog. The number of pills I have to take, for pain, anti-infection, pain, and pain, is like eating a box of Smarties (except that they aren't chocolate!).  

"Walks" consist of going out to the back yard for 1 minute (although that promises to change soon.) I'm confined to the dining room and have to sleep on the FLOOR! probably for 2 months!! 

And on top of all that -- therapy! Cold packs 4 times a day and some leg movement exercises! 

My advice: take care of yourself and avoid this problem. Although you get a lot of extra attention, there is a lot to be said for operation-free inattention.  

Your friend Zorro."

Poor Zorro.

That is not nice. I would not like to sleep in the dinning room. There is no cosy bed in the dinning room.

Emmet had to have an operation too. They did not shave him. He is not as furry as Zorro. He had to sleep at the hospital. Not in his own cosy bed. That was sad. We were all worried. I did not like it at all.

Everybody came to visit him. They brought him presents.

I will go visit Zorro when he is feeling better.  I will ask Jamie what a nice present would be.

 Poor Zorro.

I will talk to St. Newton about him tonight when everyone is asleep. It is known.







No comments:

Post a Comment