Thursday 6 December 2012

Day One Hundred and Forty Two

I am famous. Niamh wrote a letter for me to our newspaper. It is in the newspaper this time and there is a picture of me too. It is a picture of me when I was furry. I like my furry me better than my beautiful me.

I wrote a letter to thank the nice people who leave me treats in the little box when I go for my walk. I am glad it is in the newspaper so lots of people will know about the nice people. That is good.

Emmet took me for a walk tonight. he said I pulled. I was excited. It was the first time Emmet took me for my walk. I will try harder next time. I promised him.

More presents came today. Maybe some of them are for me. I have been very good this year. Santa knows dogs are always good all the year. He is sorry that people can not try as hard as dogs.  It is known.

Niamh says I sould let you see my letter. She says not everyone gets our newspaper. Oh well.

"Dear Editor,

I am Miss Poppy the dog.  Christmas is coming. I do not have money to buy presents.  That is sad.
If I had money I would get a very nice present for the people who leave me biscuits treats in front of their house.

Sometimes when I go for my walks in the morning we go down by the canal. That is where the people live, on the Colonel’s road.

That is where the treats are; right beside the path where I walk. In a nice little box with a lid, so the squirrels cannot steal my treats.

They have a cat. It must be a very nice cat. Nice people would not have a nasty cat like the ones who leave paw marks on my cars.

When I go for my walks I scare all the awful squirrels away from their house. I think that is why they leave the biscuits for me.

I do not like squirrels. Niamh says squirrels do not get Christmas presents. That is good. I get Christmas presents. That is good.

I do not eat the treat all at once. I get a bit. If I do not try to catch the ducks I get more until it is all gone. They are good treats.

Thank you and I hope you have a Merry Christmas. Your cat too.

Miss Poppy the Dog.


PS  If you have trouble with the squirrels leave a note. Craig will read it to me and I will come and help. I do not like squirrels. Either does Santa. It is known."



No comments:

Post a Comment