Friday 15 February 2013

Day Two Hundred and Thirteen

I did not have a very good day.

Zita has gone on an airplane to very far away without me. I do not like that at all. She told me I have to look after Craig and Emmet and Niamh. But who is going to look after Zita in very far away? I do not like it.

Then I got in trouble. Emmet took me for my walk. That is not right. Zita or Niamh takes me for my walk. Not Emmet. After we went about a bit I lay down on the sidewalk and cried. Emmet thought I was hurt and brought me home.

Oh Oh.

Zita told me I was a spoiled dog. She said that Emmet is a good dog walker and I should be ashamed of myself. I was. I was very sorry.

Emmet took me twice around the block and when I got home I gave him lots of kisses.

It is just I know things are different and I really do not know why. I do not know why Zita is at way far away. And I do not know when she will be home. Those things worry me.

She said I was in charge. But I am only a dog and people do not always listen to me. I worry about that too.

It is not easy being a dog.

I have another name. When Zita was talking to me she said - Poppy Taylor - I never knew I had another name. Emmet said it is a real name. He saw it on my bottle of medicine from Dr. Smith. Dr. Smith would not make a mistake.

Emmet said it is because everybody in our family has that name. Having a family makes me happy.

He said it is a Scottish name and that is why Craig gets to pretend he is a Scotsman and listen to bagpipes. Ha.

I am not Scottish. I am Miss Poppy Taylor. It is known

No comments:

Post a Comment