Saturday 10 November 2012

Day One Hundred and Sixteen

Saturdays Craig goes off with his friend Paul for breakfast. I stay here to guard the house.

Zita has to go the her university for her exam. I am in charge of the house. Emmet is asleep. The squirrels could run away with him and he would not wake up. It is good I am here.

The squirrels from the dead house have to find new homes far away. Some people worry that the squirrels are homeless. Ha. Wait for the squirrels to move to their house. Ha. People are very silly.

A man was digging in the empty pond. I barked at him. He should not be in the pond. The pond is for the ducks.

Niamh said he was digging for pirate treasure. He will find an old bicycle. I saw a person push it into the pond. At night. Maybe he was a pirate? It is not a good treasure.

Emmet says tomorrow is the day we remember all the people who were in the wars. Emmet says we remember Craig's dad and the old Colonel. We have all their medals on the wall in the den.

The old Colonel left Emmet his special sword. It is Emmet's room. Craig has his dad's airplane book. It smells sad and scared. That is too bad.

Everybody buys poppies Zita says to remember. They do not buy me. I am not for sale Zita says. That is good.

They should get Craig's Mom a lot of poppies to help her remember. She says she forgets a lot. She always forgets I am a lady dog. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment